Geography at Cropredy CE Primary School
Geography teaching at Cropredy CE Primary School has a wide application to everyday life, teaching the children to enjoy learning about the world and to have a better understanding of how people live in different locations.
The aims of teaching geography in our school are:
• to inspire pupils’ curiosity to discover more about the world
• to enable children to know about the location of the world’s continents, countries, cities, seas and oceans
• to develop in children the skills of interpreting a range of sources of geographical information, including maps, diagrams, globes, aerial photographs and Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
• to help children understand how the human and physical features of a place shapes it location and can change over time
• to provide opportunities to study mathematics across the curriculum through geography lessons.